Originally designed for security at the Olympic Games in 1984, Garrett’s SuperScanner is the most recognized hand-held metal detector in the world. Super Scanner V has both audible and silent vibrating alarm options and extended battery life. Made in USA. Great for security at event venues, concerts, festivals, airports, schools, and more.
Each item includes:
- (1) SuperScanner V Hand-Held Metal Detector
- (1) 9V battery
- Able to detect medium sized pistol from 9″ distance; large knife from 6″; razor blades and box cutters from 3″ distance; foil-wrapped drugs and tiny jewelry from 1″.
- Digital microprocessor technology eliminates the need for sensitivity adjustments.
- Rugged, high-impact ABS case with reinforced coil compartment. Exceeds Mil-Std-810F (drop test) Method 516.5, procedures II and IV.
- 8 inches of scan surface for thorough scans
- 9V battery is included, and requires no tools to change. Optional rechargeable battery kit available.
- Detection of metal causes clear alarm noise and bright LED illumination
- Momentary push button helps temporarily eliminate detection of nearby ambient metal
- Operating temperatures: -35° F (-37° C) to 158° F (70° C)
Made in USA.
Width: 3.25″ (8.3 cm)
Thickness: 1.625″ (4.13 cm)
Length: 16.5″ (42 cm)
Weight: 17.6 oz (500 g)
-35° F (-37° C) to 158° F (70° C)
To 95% noncondensing
LED Alert Lights
- Green: Power ON
- Amber: Battery LOW
- Red: ALARM condition
Power switch (Audible / Off / Silent)
Interference Elimination Momentary Switch
Single 9 volt battery provides up to 100 hours of normal operation. Optional NiMH rechargeable battery provides up to 45 hours on a single charge.